This warm, accessible, and highly practical guide will be an indispensable resource for families who are eager to find ways to thrive–together.
– Gretchin Rubin, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Happiness Project
This book is full of common sense and clarity and will help families mend their bridges and their ways. It is proof that we are all utterly interdependent, and teaches us how to respond to one another with decency and respect.
– Andrew Solomon, National Book Award winning author of Far From the Tree
Our first and most important relationships are formed in our families. Melinda Blau encourages us to have an expansive perspective, showing child-obsessed parents how to become more family-focused and to empower their kids to form loving, resilient connections. Healthy families are the best defense against the anxieties of our modern world.
– Dr. Drew Pinsky, New York Times best-selling author and host of HLN’s Dr. Drew on Call
Just when I thought we didn’t need another book on making families work, I came upon this one! Filled with down home wisdom, and terrific advice, it’s the book to reach for when you’re asking the question, “But what do I do?”
– Harriet Lerner Ph.D. author of The Dance of Anger and Marriage Rules
Even if moms and dads apply only 10% of what they learn in Family Whispering, they will become better parents. Packed with useful advice, charts, relatable examples, common sense and big-hearted insights, this is a book America needs.
– Sally Koslow, author of Slouching Toward Adulthood
Melinda Blau brilliantly translates research on family relationships into clear, easy-to-read prose. She asks intriguing questions and tells colorful stories that get at the heart of what makes families work. This book is a gem–it’s one that people will read and refer to over and over again.
– Anita Vangelisti, Jesse H. Jones Centennial Professor of Communication, University of Texas at Austin and author of Interpersonal Communication and Human Relationships
Systems theory teaches us that one individual has the power to affect a larger group. Give that individual a book like Family Whispering, and he or she will have the knowledge and the tools to positively change and impact the most basic and important group of all: the family. Thanks to Melinda and Tracy for helping to make the world a better place–one parent, one child, and now one family at a time.
– Jay Morgan, MS, author of Fingerpainting in Psych Class
Family Whispering combines deep wisdom with practical tips, on a topic that couldn’t be more important – how to thrive as a family. Intelligent and compassionate, this book is a call to action for a resilient new family model co-created by all of the family members and the surrounding community.
– Neal Gorenflo, co-founder, Shareable.net
“While the time of traditional families is long past, we’ve never felt a greater desire for practical advice on boosting happier, healthier relationships between all family members. That’s why this book is destined to be the most-consulted and comforting guide for children and adults to get along better–in whatever kind of modern family arrangement they have.”
– Kare Anderson, Forbes and Huffington Post contributor